Lip Augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips.
Injectable dermal filler is the most commonly used method of lip augmentation. The most common filler today is hyaluronic acid which is a natural substance found in the body. Its brand names are commonly known as Juvederm, Restylane, Volbella and others.
When to Consider Lip Enhancement
- Your lips have always been thin and disappear when you smile
- Your lips have become thinner and less full
- You feel self-conscious about how your lips look
- Your lips are uneven in size
- You have a gummy smile that you don’t like
- Having fuller lips will help balance out your face
Dr. Vu will discuss with you your desired goal, especially in relation to aesthetically balancing with your face. The treatment is almost painless because a numbing cream is applied for anesthesia. The filler is injected in calibrated small amounts to the lips to plump the lips and smooths the wrinkles. You may need more than one treatment to achieve the desired fullness. The filler lasts from 6 to 12 months depending on the brand, and your metabolism and lifestyle.