Radiesse is a long lasting skin filler that treats wrinkles, smile lines, furrows and scars.
Radiesse consists of calcium crystals suspended in a special gel. By supplementing your skin’s depleted collagen with Radiesse, our doctor at Skinzone Medical can smooth out your wrinkles and most scars. It is a safe, effective, time-tested, in-office wrinkle treatment that provides immediate and lasting results (it can last years!).
What areas respond best to Radiesse treatments?
- Smile lines between the nose and lip corners
- Wrinkles around the mouth and lips
- Lip enhancement
- Depressed scars
At LaserPro Cosmetic, a Radiesse treatment takes about fifteen minutes. Radiesse is injected into the wrinkle, through a tiny needle, and placed just under your skin. The result with Radiesse is immediate, so you can determine at first glance if you are happy with the result or if you would like more Radiesse injected. Usually one treatment is sufficient because Radiesse is not absorbed by your body and is long lasting.
Some of the benefits of the Radiesse implant are:
- Results are immediate.
- It cannot provoke any allergic reaction.
- It is soft and remains pliable for years.
- It is cost-effective because it is long lasting.
- There is no need to harvest tissue from another site on your body.
- Radiesse can be used alone or in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as laser skin rejuvenation, chemical peels or facial surgery.
Patients are up and around immediately after receiving their Radiesse treatments. You can expect greatly improved wrinkles, enhanced lips or smoothed-out depressed scars. Any discomfort following the procedure can be controlled with medication. The treatment site may have a little swelling, which may last 24 to 36 hours depending on the area treated. There may be some slight bruising at the injection site, which can be covered with make-up.
Depending on the area treated, most of your correction may last for several months or years. Some touch-up treatments may be necessary.